We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
parking

We are booked into the Approdo del Sirene in April, should we park in Talete? And if we do how far is it then to walk to the accommodation? Should we drop bags off first?

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
228 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking

It's about a 600 metre walk from Talete, probably a bit far with baggage. You could drop your bags of at the B&B and then take the car to Talete. There are only yellow bays near the B&B (reserved for residents) but I'm sure you could do a quick drop off or ask the B&B if they have arrangents for parking to drop your stuff off. Or you could just double park with your hazard lights on like everyone else does (just kidding).

Remember to have coins for the Talete parking, the machines don't accept cards or cash.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: parking

L'Approdo delle Sirene does have one parking space directly in front of the hotel that the hotel could reserve for you, but parking is fairly easy around the building, and although located on Ortigia in Siracusa’s historic centre, L'Approdo delle Sirene isn’t located in the ZTL, so you could drop off your bags prior to parking at Talete, a 5-minute walk.

Vagabonda

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking

Lucky you, staying at L'Approdo delle Sirene. I stayed there a week last spring and am planning a return at the end of April. Last time, I had a car which I was able to leave parked right across from L'Approdo, along the water. But I see from following this Forum that the rules keep on changing. (This time I do not plan to rent a car.)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: parking

Lucky you as well ItalophileNJ!

Siracusa changes its parking regulations quite often!

Vagabonda

giussano
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking

what's the situation now with Talete? is there still an hourly rate during the day and a fix rate per night?

6. Re: parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse