We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
329 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations

We will only be in Siracusa for 3 nights and we want to eat well and authentic! I plan to make reservations at La Tavernetta da Piero for our 2nd night and either O'Scina or aLevante for the 3rd night. Do those sound good?

The first night (a Saturday), we will not be arriving until around 9 PM at the earliest and I don't think we can book something not really knowing what time we will arrive. Can I have some suggestions for a place that we won't need a reservation, that will still be open, and where we can have some quality Sicilian food? Casual/ sandwich type place is OK since we will probably be tired.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Dinner runs late in Sicily....

Consider Sicilia in Tavola or Dioniso.

Vagabonda

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
329 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Thanks, Vagabonda. Do you recommend those ahead of the ones I mentioned? Or were my choices also worth it?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Since you said you wanted to eat authentic, I would encourage you to read the reviews with attention to the content. It can be good, but not necessarily authentic.

Vagabonda

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Just returned from Sicily and Syracuse was a highlight and one of the top meals we had was our lunch at the market in Ortigia tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187891-d4…

R C
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Sicilia in Tavola is difficult without reservation, unless you arrive early and grab one of the four outside tables...(Just returned..)

RC

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Grazie Jumpypup,

Perhaps you could submit a review!

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Yes R C,

Sicilia in Tavola has made a name for itself!

Vagabonda

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
329 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Thanks all. I think we are going to have a list of a few options for the first night since we can't book. I reserved at La Tavernetta da Piero already and will reserve Sicilia in Tavola for the next night, unless we plan to have dinner during our day trip (Noto, Modica, or Ragusa, not sure yet).

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant recommendations

That's a reasonable plan majesty318, and really there are so many restaurants in Siracusa, and you might enjoy a larger meal at lunchtime in Modica or Ragusa.

Vagabonda

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
329 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Just realized the night I was going to reserve Siclia in Tavola is a Monday and they are closed :(

Does anyone know if La Tavernetta da Piero is open Mondays? I don't see it on their website but if they are open I can try to swap the reservations...