We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

Is there still a city bus that runs from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico della Neapolis? I've heard there's a #12, but can't find any information newer than 2011. If there is one, does it run on Sundays? If not, are there taxis and what would one expect for the fare?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,162 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

It's wonderful that the comune has taken the initiative to provide this much needed and appreciated service.

Siracusa, Bus navetta al via: tre linee, sei bus e un pizzico di tradizione siracusana:

http://www.siracusanews.it/node/50431

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,162 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

http://goo.gl/PKJs3m

Vagabonda

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

Yea! The new bus service sounds great! Walking sounds like an option also -- I live in Dallas so I'm used to walking in the heat as long as it's not uphill. Thanks, everybody.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,162 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

Prego Maggie H,

There had been an AST service in place that has been suspended, so this new service is most appreciated.

Buon viaggio!

Vagabonda

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

You are always so informative so thank you for this. I am a little worried about my trip to Siracusa. I booked into what seems like a lovely hotel. Hotel Parco Delle Fontane on Viale Scala Greca 325, 96100 Siracusa. The only problem is I've just realised it's much further away from the centre and Ortygia than I thought, and I am not driving. It says on the website the Neapolis Park is a ten minute drive from it. I've been trying to find out whether we might be served by the shuttle bus or not. It would be a life saver if we were. www.hotelparcodellefontane.com/location.html The map location is here. If anyone knew anything re this it would be so helpful. Thank you.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,162 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

Welcome to Sicily 39Biblio!

Hotel Parco Delle Fontane has a very welcoming and helpful staff, even if the hotel is located a bit from Siracusa's centre. It is a lovely hotel.

The hotel doesn't run a shuttle service, but the hotel has an arrangement with a local taxi company for the ride into Ortigia at a rate of €10 in each direction. This is a very good rate, since it's the rate from point to point within Siracusa itself. A taxi anywhere in town would cost €10.

Siracusa bus urbani does run service to Siracusa, but it's not the best service. The bus stop (Viale Scala Greca) is approximately 200 m from the hotel, and the service only runs approximately every hour, or even every hour and a half (realistically), so it's a long wait between runs.

Linea 12 and 18 service the area around the hotel. You might appreciate the taxi for your return at night, especially if you plan to enjoy dinner in town.

http://www.siracusaturismo.net/bus_urbani.asp

Best wishes for a lovely holiday!

Vagabonda

17. Re: Bus from Ortigia to Parco Archeologico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse