We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Palermo to Taormina??

Camden, Maine
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Palermo to Taormina??

Although I purchased a train ticket from Palermo to Catania back in USA, I am questioning whether it is best way to travel from Palermo to Taormina?? I have a ride to the airport in Palermo but am uncertain as to how to then get to Palermo train station?? And then once train gets to Catania is there a BUS at or near the Catania train station that would take me to Taormina (as I understand a train would leave me below Taormina)? If so, how frequently does that bus run?

On the other hand I am open to dropping the train altogether and taking a bus from Palermo to Taormina if that is less complicated or shorter travel time. Any help you are able to offer greatly appreciated as getting nervous about doing on my own.

1 reply
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,476 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Palermo to Taormina??

Unfortunately there isn't a direct bus from Palermo to Taormina.

You would first take the Prestia e Comandè bus from Palermo’s airport to Palermo.

http://www.prestiaecomande.it/

Click on “Aereoporto Falcone Borsellino – Palermo”:

www.prestiaecomande.it/…

Since you've already purchased your train ticket from Palermo to Catania, then take the direct Interbus service from Catania to Taormina.

Catania's bus terminal is located near the train station.

If you were to take the train from Catania to Taormina, you would then take Interbus from the Taormina-Giardini train station up to town.

http://www.interbus.it/

Or the local ASM Azienda Servizi Municipalizzati Taormina:

www.taorminaservizipubblici.it/index.php…

Vagabonda

Reply to: Best way to get from Palermo to Taormina??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Taormina