We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice welcome - Il Piccolo Giordino and other points!

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
734 reviews
Save Topic
Advice welcome - Il Piccolo Giordino and other points!

I have just booked Hotel Il Piccolo Giordino for a one week stay in Taormina towards the end of May. It is located on Salita Lucio Denti and looks to have been recently renovated. Is it far to walk to Piazza Santa Caterina? I could only find 2 reviews of the hotel which were both positive so any info about the hotel or location would be welcome. It seems fairly centrally located and modern within easy walking distance of most things. Recommendations of good reasonably priced restaurants nearby would be welcome together with any advice of siteseeing. We intend to use public transport rather than risk a car due to the parking etc and have booked transfers from Catania airport to Taormina. Is there a weekly ticket I can but to use public transport etc? Thanks in advance! Bob

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
105,009 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice welcome - Il Piccolo Giordino and other points!

Taormina is not very large, so everything is very near to everything else.

Taormina is more a town to “feel” and explore. Except for the Teatro Greco and a few churches, Taormina is relatively short on sights. Mazzaro, Isola Bella, Giardini, Lido Spisone and Letojanni are all good beaches that are easy to reach from Taormina.

Taormina Attractions:

frommers.com/destinations/…0137010029.html

taormina restaurants:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187892-i344-k2249…

You could purchase a ''Touristic Pass'' for the Taormina funivia - 14 runs for €20.

Funivia Taormina – Mazzarò:

www.taorminaservizipubblici.it/index.php…

Hotel Il Piccolo Giardino has a good location – it’s a short walk to Piazza Santa Caterina.

ilpiccologiardino.it/pdf/ilpiccologiardino_t…

Hotel Reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187892-d107353…

…venere.com/hotels_taormina/…reviews

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

2. Re: Advice welcome - Il Piccolo Giordino and other points!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 14:20