We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

We have just had a 3 days in Venice....i was surprises how much we have managed to see and to do in 3 days in Venice.

We even managed to visit the Islands of Murano-Burano-Torcello and Giudecca.

Now i am thinking in having another short holiday and i am thinking about to choose Toarmina.

Regards

Anthony Arpa

http://myholidaysphotos.webs.com/index.htm

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
983 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

Three nights in Taormina sound fine, plenty of time to explore the town and spare time for a trip to Castelmola, Etna or Catania if you fancy.

Taormina is beautiful and lively/touristy with the Greek-Roman Theatre in a stunning position, many hidden corners to explore and lots of bars and restaurants.

Sal

Mentioned in this post
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
Catania
Catania
Sicily, Italy
msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

Thanks for yor help Sal.

We have still have to decides to choose were we will book from these 3 night breaks.We are concidering Toarmina-Rome or Milan.

Hope your enjoying th weekend Sal

Anthony

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

Welcome to Sicily thesegmrs!!

Three days in Taormina would be very convenient from Malta – Fly Air Malta to Catania and take the direct Etna Trasporti bus from the airport to Taormina.

You could enjoy an excursion to Mount Etna or take the bus to Castelmola (15 minutes).

When will you plan to travel?

Rome and Milan are large cities – Quite different from the beautiful mediaeval hill town of Taormina. Your destination would very much depend on the kind of break you’re seeking.

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
Catania
Catania
Sicily, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

Hi again Sal

we are planning to have this 3/4 night hoilday in Italy appx on the 3/4 week in May.

I like any type of holidays as far i go to places that we have never visited and will see new and different places/things.

Yes sure this holiday we be flying with Airmalta and this because Airmalta at the moment is offering a great deals through their Flyaway tours offers.

As i said last weekend we were in Venice for 3 days...we realy had a nice times there even we had manage and enjoyed our visits to the islands.

About Airmalta they are offering flight plus accomodation in

VELLO D’ORO HOTEL Taormina...I saw hotel is in a very nice place so at moment Toarmina is number 1 on our list.

Transport is not included so i will have to use the transport you have suggests to me.

Do you know the cost for the return trip Catania/Toarmmina/Catania

Sure if we do it we have a tour to few nearby islands

Regards

Anthony

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Catania
Catania
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

May is a lovely month to visit Sicily.

The 3* Vello D'Oro has a good location in the centre and beautiful views, but it is a basic hotel.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187892-d297042…

The Etna Trasporti bus is convenient and reasonably priced – Around €5,30 each trip.

SAIS and SAT run inexpensive group bus tours.

www.sat-group.it/excursion_en.asp?cod=summer

saistours.com/downloads/EscursioniLocandina.…

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Vello D'Oro Hotel
Vello D'Oro Hotel
218 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

Dear Vagabonda

About hotel i'm sure i will be happy with.We are not that fussy about hotels as we stay little in hotels when we be on holidays.Idont like to pay lot more on hotels and prefare spending money touring around.

From what i saw about Taormina and the area it looks thats it's a sure thing that it will be better if after all i decides to Book the Taormina holiday i add another night so i go to the 4 nights one.

This will help me to explore more of the area and without the need to rush werever we go.

Regards

thesegmrs

Mentioned in this post
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

Ciao thesegmrs,

You will very much appreciate the location of your hotel!

Wonderful that you have added extra time to your holiday – You could visit Castelmola, Isola Bella, Mount Etna, the Aeolian Islands, Catania…..

Taormina in May should be wonderful – Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Isola Bella
Isola Bella
4,499 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
Aeolian Islands
Aeolian Islands
Islands of Sicily, Italy
Catania
Catania
Sicily, Italy
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
8. Re: Do a 3 night in Toarmina will be enough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 06:15