We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my sicily trip

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
my sicily trip

I decided to go to Sicily next week.

I dont have many days.. 9 nights

I definitely am doing panarea for 3 nights..

the plan was

arrive palermo afternoon on wed

stay in palermo 3 nights

then drive to Noto 2 nights and then go to Panarea 3 nights and then go theu cefalu and stay there the last night before flying out of Palermo.

I want to relax and enjoy and not travel around like crazy. Will I be exhauste going back and forth to Noto?

I love baroque architecture like in Lecce so much.

But my friend and I are going and we wanted to really have an easy going vacation since we work so hard. Should I spread it out and stay longer in palermo and cefalu?

what do you think? Or noto is easy to handle in this schedule???? Thank you

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: my sicily trip

Hopefully you will have a good night's sleep and everything will look brighter when you wake!!

Vagabonda

nyc
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
52. Re: my sicily trip

Somehow I cant seem to write back to messages on here.

nyc
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
53. Re: my sicily trip

Hi vagabonda

Which are the less fancy places with good simple food?

I dont like it when it gets o be a bit too dressy or fancy or too nouveau.. more simple cuisine.. like good vongole or spaghetti pomodoro and a good rucola salad or simple grilled fish.. and not crazy prices.

Everything is about 40-50 euros every night..thanks!!!

also could you tell me how to get to the spiaggia Fontane Bianche

Or maybe going by taxi is not so expensive? or maybe at least the return? do they have chairs at this beach?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: my sicily trip

Hi blackoyster,

Hope you are enjoying a better day today!!

You would prefer trattorie or osterie - APOLLONION Osteria da Carlo (seafood), L’Ancora (seafood), Osteria La Gazza Ladra (Slow Food), Sicilia in Tavola, Spaghetteria Do Scogghiu….

You would take Siracusa’s urbano (local) AST bus service from Siracusa to Fontane Bianche.

http://www.aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/

Servizio Urbano

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

A taxi (0931.60980) would cost 30,00 euro from Siracusa to Fontane Bianche.

There are private lidi at Fontane Bianche with umbrella and sun beds like at the Hotel Fontane Bianche Beach Club, 9.00-17.00 – 30,00 euro for entrance (private lidi), lettino, and ombrellone, and 50,00 euro with lunch.

Vagabonda

55. Re: my sicily trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 July 2011, 14:56
nyc
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
56. Re: my sicily trip

i was just about to send a message. thanks for the info!!!!

nyc
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
57. Re: my sicily trip

Thank you for your messages and thank you for the advice!

I will try to enjoy this place. Will go on a boat ride and eat at one of the fish places tonight. and then go back in the lobby to work late in the night! thanks..

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
58. Re: my sicily trip

The boat ride is delightful blackoyster – Take a combination ride to the sea caves and also around Ortigia.

And enjoy a delicious seafood dinner!!

All the best –

Vagabonda

nyc
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
59. Re: my sicily trip

Hi vaganbona

My trip here is getting better.And the hotel experience is getting better. I will write again later.. but thanks for all your advice!!!!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
60. Re: my sicily trip

My pleasure blackoyster - Glad to hear things are looking up with the trip, the hotel...

Hopefully you enjoyed the boat, dinner....

Sometime you just have to give it a little time...

The best -

Vagabonda