We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Livona, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Anyone stayed here in this 3 story apartment building in city center of Taormina.

Joseph

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Welcome to Sicily Joseph S!

Are you referencing Francesca’s Apartment?

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g187892…

Or Appartamento Francesca?

Ask for referrals and reviews when booking. It’s important to select an appartamento that has been advertised for a number of years and has reviews written by previous guests over a long period of time.

www.gotaormina.com/travelmate/detail.lasso…

www.gotaormina.com/travelmate/detail.lasso…

Buona Fortuna!

Vagabonda

Livona, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Thanks for the advice. I book a apartment Casa Ella as it had good reviews from trip advisor.com. anyone stayed there?

Giuseppe

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Prego Joseph S,

A good decision!

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/taormina/149672

Vagabonda

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Hi Giuseppe,

We stayed at Casa Ella in September this year. The house is beautiful, modern and spacious, with a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with showers, 2 small balconies and then a roof deck that is especially lovely. The location of the house is excellent---near the Corso Umberto, as well as Porto Messina (where you enter the main part of Taormina). There are very good restaurants and cafes located as soon as you step out the door. The house also has some nice amenities, including rainfall showers, built in sound system throughout the house, laundry, etc.

We did have some problems of a different nature, but they may not affect all travelers. Our problems had to do with the check-in, which took over 2 hours (after we got to Taormina---we couldn't get in touch with the owner who lives in the UK--he wasn't available at the number he gave us). I would recommend that you have a cellphone from which you can text since that seems to be the owner's preferred mode of communication. Also, we checked out Sept. 10th and have yet to get receive our deposit back, despite what it says in the ad (within 2 weeks of check-out). I'm sure we'll receive it eventually, but it's frustrating that things could not have gone smoother in certain aspects with the house. The ad mentions 'a bottle of wine and water' and we didn't receive that as well (that would have been nice after the stressful check-in process!)

Overall, I recommend the house, but make sure you square away arrangements for receiving the house keys in advance.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Welcome back tatsy74 and thank you for your very informative report.

Consider coping and pasting what you have written and submitting it as a review – And thank you for your other reviews as well!

Regards,

Vagabonda

Edited: 08 October 2011, 21:07
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Thanks, Vagabonda! I do plan to post this review (as soon as I get my deposit back!)

In the meantime, I should take this opportunity to thank you for all the millions of tips and questions you've answered in these forums! I tried to send you a private message when we got back from our Sicily trip but there didn't seem to be an appropriate post in which to do so. I saved and followed many of your tips, including transport from Palermo to Taormina via Catania (bus), which went very smoothly, as well as other connections (Siracusa, Taormina-Cefalu, then Palermo). We also found Villa Margherita through one of your posts. Oh & the SAT tours, that came from you as well! We had a wonderful trip & we hope to go back to Sicily and do the other side of the island in the future. I'll of course turn to these forums for more advice! Thank you!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Prego e grazie mille tatsy74 – As always my pleasure…

Good for you - Hopefully your review will offer some leverage in securing a speedy return of your deposit!

I would be more than happy to assist with your trip to Western Sicily – Ready any time you are, and until your return, all the best to you!

Vagabonda

Livona, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be renting Casa Ella Arpil 20 and will use your guidance to help getting access to the apartment easier. My first trip to Italy and I have been studying Italian for several years. I plan to rent a mountain bike to get on some nice trails or dirt roads. I will let you know how much fun it was.

Giuseppe

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

That sounds wonderful, Giuseppe, you will have a great time! Taormina and the surrounding towns are beautiful. Your study of Italian will come in handy, although a lot of people speak English in town. Enjoy!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Appartamento Francesco Taormina

Thanks for posting you review tatsy74 – Glad to see that your deposit was refunded!!

Since Taormina is a tourist resort town, English is widely spoken Joseph S, but you’ll still appreciate knowing Italian.

Regards,

Vagabonda

Get answers to your questions about Taormina