We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM and Euro

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
ATM and Euro

Rumors run rampant in the USA- Is there any issue with ATM,s not having money due to the Euro economy-I find this hard to believe but was told this here at home and don,t believe it. Please someone who lives there or was just there in the last couple of days please respond if you have had any issues with ATM usage-Thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM and Euro

ATMs are plentiful without problems genebeans!

Vagabonda

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM and Euro

No problems here in the countryside!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM and Euro

Thank you--Great response- Boy rumors really drive us nuts when traveling that is why I always ask- many thanks-- Gene

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM and Euro

I read something about that and it hardly made sense, but I think what they were saying was that they may start limiting what you can withdraw from an ATM in Euros because they are afraid they'll be a run on the banks because of Greece perhaps dropping out of Eurozone.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,179 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM and Euro

You will not have any difficulties Gene, especially at your destinations!!

Vagabonda

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM and Euro

Thank you Sushi and vagabonda- I did not read any article but someone told me. I feel safe with what Vagabonda reports-Gene

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,179 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM and Euro

Thanks ever so much Gene!! :-)

Vagabonda

8. Re: ATM and Euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:22