We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taormina Restaurants

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fontana, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
228 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Taormina Restaurants

What are the top restaurant picks in Taormina for seafood, local fare?..nothing too fancy..just good quality and great people options..

We will be in Taormina from 9/9 until 9/14.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taormina Restaurants

Consider Rosso Peperoncino, Osteria Nero D’avola, Trattoria da Nino, Osteria Da Rita Di Bille’ SAS, Ristorante L'incontro, Al Melograno, Trattoria Don Ciccio, Al Saraceno above Taormina on the road to Castelmola, Il Barcaiolo and Trattoria da Giovanni in Mazzarò, and Gallo Cedrone in Castelmola.

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Fontana, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
228 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taormina Restaurants

thanks!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taormina Restaurants

Prego wantssun - Some restaurants, some trattorie or osterie, but all very good!

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

new jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taormina Restaurants

Dear Vagabonda...

You are always so helpful. We have enjoyed a few of these eateries during our trips to Taormina in the past..so the TA travelers will be set.

I have a question for you and would appreciate your expert input. We are in Messina port on 9/15, arriving 10-departing 7. I have checked busses from Taormina and also from Messina to Savoca. The Jonica website...is it current and more impt: is Jonica reliable transportation? I have written to them, no reply! On their website for a journey from Messina to Savoca: 12:45 to and 15:30 return (other is too late for us). I think the bus ride is 45 minutes? Besides a tour company/guide, what other options are there for us to see Savoca? (contacted many companies-none available this date except a private car for 2 at 205e just to drive to the church and back!!). I tried to rent a car: b/c it is Saturday, closed at 1! Very willing to go ourselves, but I read too many posts about "no show" busses. We are willing to leave from Taormina to Savoca; whatever you advise. But do need your expert directions and whether we can do this within the time we have. Grazie mille, Vagabonda!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taormina Restaurants

Grazie mille nothingliketraveling!

Continued here....

Schedule & Reliability: Jonica Bus to Savoca from Messina:

tripadvisor.com/…43316253

Vagabonda

6. Re: Taormina Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 20:16