We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

Malta
1 post
Save Topic
Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

We will be going to Taormina on the 18th June2006.

We will be staying at Residence Letojanni in Taormina, anyone got any information please.

Thanks, Ragards, David

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

Is the hotel actually in Taormina as there is a place called Letojanni which is a few miles from Taormina. Anyway both places are very nice and beach is not far. It should be hot as I have seen on weather forecast. Taormina is very historical and has plenty of culture, good food can be had and nice wine and great Ice Cream.

malta
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

Try looking in the hotel website which is www.residenceletojanni.com. Enjoy your stay!!

Regards

long island, ny
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

i am going to the residence letojanni in sept of 2007. did you enjoy your trip? how were the accomodations? do you have any tips?

thanks

rose ann rowe

Mt. Sinai, NY
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

The website for Residence Letojanni is only beneicial to those who are fluent in italian, I did not see anything there in English.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

The website offered by a previous poster just gives a 'default website'... but I google/searched for it on yahoo - and found it was a 'timeshare' place - if it's the following address:

Contrada Sillemi Alta, Letojanni, 98037

Taormina, Italy, Europe

If it's this one, it will tell you about the position of the 'residence' and from the web page it says :

"Residence Letojanni, surrounded by olives and almonds, is situated on a hillside, approximately 2km from the village of Letojanni and 5km from Taormina near to the Ionio sea."

" On-site there is a bar/snack bar and swimming pool. Due to the mild climate, its considered to be a famous health seaside resort, with a pebble beach. Other amenities include a children's play room. In the nearby villages visitors can enjoy a wide selection of pizzerias and fish restaurants. Interesting excursions include Castelmola, Gole Dell'Acantara and the volcano Etna (3323mt)." I didn't read any further - but you should be able to find the same website in the same way I did - and it should tell you how you can get around - and if there's public transport available to get you down to the coast. With any luck they'll have a shuttle bus of some kind. There is a village actually by the seashore, called Letojanni - and there are restaurants, shops and beach huts etc. available down there. To and from Letojanni (seashore) and Taormina is about fifteen minutes up the modern road built on stilts up the mountain and 'bendy' - on the public buses (airconditioned, frequent and cheap) - but I suspect the 'timeshare' residence is probably halfway up the hillside and in its own grounds. I wonder if 'approximately 2km' from the village of Letojanni means 'straight down as the crow flies' ... or round all the bends on the road that's on stilts up the mountain above the seashore village ! Let's hope someone will reply who's stayed there !

Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

Hi there. How was the residence Letojanni? Were you happy with the accomodations? Can you please tell me about the place. Thank you in advance. Chris

long island, ny
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

hi

i am not going till sept 2007. i will let you know. i am trying to find out myself how the resort is.

Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

Hi Rorowe:: Thank you for answering my question about the Residence Letojanni. I saw that you were going in September. I was hoping that Salas would have said something because he went last June. We have reservations for May 2008. Havent gotten plane tickets yet. I live in Florida now but use to live in Deer Park, Long Island. We booked it through RCI which I am sure you did it through your timeshare also. The pictures look nice and it seems nice but you always like to hear from someone who has been there. I havent been disappointed yet with any bookings through RCI. They have all been in the US. This will be my first European trip. Once again, thank you. If you do a yahoo search on it you can have it translated into English but it still doesnt say much. Well once again thank you and I will be looking forward to hearing about it when you get back. Thanks again. Chris

long island, ny
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

hi

i am sorry i realized that after i answered the post. i had put one in also and thought that what was i replying to.

anyhow, i will try and let you know when i go in sept. you sound so similar to my senerio.

i live in lindenhurst. this is my first trip to europe. i have also gone to st maarten , that is where my timeshare is and also in miami.

i am excited to go to sicily. we added three days in rome in the beginning of the trip.

Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taormina/Letojanni/Sicily

Hi Rorowe...Have you been on the website BestofSicily.com. It tells you everything you need to know. try it out if you havent been. chat more later. chris Just changed computers and forgot passwords so I couldnt send letter directly to you.