We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy beaches?

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy beaches?

My husband and I are planning a week’s holiday in Sicily at the end of June, The plan is to fly into Catania on Saturday and spend the weekend there, then get a bus/train (no hire car) to Taormina on Monday and spend the rest of the week there for a relaxed beach holiday with a day trip to Mount Etna. Flying back out of Catania.

My question is can anyone recommend a part of Taormina which has a sandy beach, plenty of restaurants and a few bars. Nothing too rowdy. We are in our mid thirties and looking for a relaxing break.

If you have any other suggestions, i.e. should we look for another part of Sicily for sandy beaches then I would be grateful for the advice.

Many thanks

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy beaches?

Taormina is an hilltop town. The neareat beach would be at the nearby town of Giardini Naxos, downhill.

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy beaches?

Biondo, thank you for your reply. Is it possible to stay in Taormina and walk to Giardini Naxos or would it be better to just stay in Giardini Naxos? Taormina was recommended to me for the beach so I'm a little confused!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,183 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy beaches?

Taormina is a hill-town with beaches below all along the coast.

The nearest beach is located at the base of Taormina at Taormina Mare at Mazzarò and is easily reached from Taormina by funivia.

www.gotaormina.com/en/beaches/beaches.html

Many hotels runs shuttles to beaches, and Taormina’s ASM (Servizi Municipalizzati di Taormina) also runs inexpensive bus service.

www.taorminaservizipubblici.it/index.php…

And Interbus runs service to Giardini Naxos.

Vagabonda

4. Re: Sandy beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17