We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of Sicily or Base in Taormina

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tour of Sicily or Base in Taormina

I and several family members are planning a trip to Sicily next summer for 12 days. We would like to incorporate a visit to our ancestors village in Siracusa. We love the beach, want to visit a winery and take a cooking class. Is it better to work with a tour company starting in Palermo traveling to Taormina or stay in Taormina as our base and take day tours? Any advise is appreciated.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of Sicily or Base in Taormina

Welcome to Sicily PopHep!

You wouldn't require a tour company to achieve your goals.

Nor should you only base in Taormina.

Do you plan to hire a car?

Why wouldn't you arrive in Catania, and then divide your time between Taormina and Siracusa, especially if your ancestral town is Siracusa? Surely you would want to spend more time in your ancestral area.

Vagabonda

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of Sicily or Base in Taormina

Vagabonda,

Thank you for your response. Do you recommend us getting a car? If we don't rent a car what do you recommend?

We would also like to stay at the beach and I heard Fontane Bianche has beautiful beaches. Also, I wouldn't know where to stay in Siracusa. Any advise? I appreciate your assistance.

Pasqua

3. Re: Tour of Sicily or Base in Taormina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:16