We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taormina flight and villa rental deals

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Taormina flight and villa rental deals

Hi

I'm organising a family holiday to Taormina for next July. We would like to stay in Taormina, can anybody recommend a villa that sleeps 10 people in a fairly central location?

Would you recommend hiring cars?

Also does anybody know when the flights are available to book? If so, what is the cheapest day to fly from the UK to Catania airport?

Thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taormina flight and villa rental deals

Welcome to Sicily Kmkw2014!

Parking is challenging in Taormina in July. Whether you would require a car would depend on your intended destinations.

Airlines change routes all the time, so it's early for next July.

thethinkingtraveller.com/thinksicily/travel-…

Think Sicily is wonderful!

www.thethinkingtraveller.com/thinksicily/

Vagabonda

Belfast, NI
Level Contributor
386 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taormina flight and villa rental deals

Easyjet fly Gatwick and Luton to Catania. Personally I find this is usually the cheapest route from the UK to Catania direct. Ryanair do Stansted to Palermo but that's a lot more awkward for getting to Taormina. Might well work out cheaper though. Midweek has usually been cheaper for easyjet for me (Tues/Wed particularly) but it's hard to find a villa owner who will rent midweek to midweek, especially in July.

I'm not sure when the easyjet flights are released for next year though!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,241 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taormina flight and villa rental deals

Yes, Catania is the preferred airport for Taormina.

Expect villa rentals to run weekend to weekend.

Vagabonda

4. Re: Taormina flight and villa rental deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:17