We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castello di Verrazzano reservations

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Castello di Verrazzano reservations

I read the good reviews about the Wine & Food experience at Castello di Verrazzano. Since we will have a car, I emailed the Castello directly for reservations. They requested that I email or fax my credit card number to confirm the reservation. Their email is not a secured site and faxing doesn't sound very sercure either. Has anyone had experience with such requests. Thanks, NorthbrookTraveler

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

It's very common in Italy to fax information for reservations. What you might want to do is call them while you are sending the fax to make sure that they received it at that time.

You can,also fax them the credit card number then emal or call the expiration date, whatever you feel comfortable with.

The tour and the lunch are worth it. It's really nice.

Enjoy!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

Thank you, ricardoBA. Your suggestions are very practical. Why didn't we think of them!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,457 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

I am surprised they are asking credit card numbers these days. When I went in 2005, we exchanged emails and that was it. Anyway, they are perfectly reputable based on my own experience and others' feedback on this forum so I would not worry.

By the way, the wine was truly bottomless and I actually walked around their garden for an hour afterwards to let my head clear before driving out.

ORLAND PARK
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

We were booking hotels in Rome and they made us fax in our reservations with the credit card numbers. I was not too comfortable with it. When I faxed my reservation in, I contacted the credit card company to let them know I was using a credit card to book a hotel in Rome in September and to flag my account to make sure there were no other foreign charges made to my account outside the amount of the hotel. I had them monitor the account after I made the initial purchase.

Its also good to carry your credit car numbers and customer service numbers in a safe place with you or leave them with someone trustworthy back home in the event you lose one, you have the numbers to contact them immediately.

FMI - Where is the Castello di Verrazzano? Maybe its something we can add to our itinerary.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

Thank you Sammyfloyd and TJ-USA for the good advice.

TJ the Castello is in Greve in Chianti between Florence and Siena.

Their website is www.verrazzano.com

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,304 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

Actual transmission by fax is almost impossible to intercept so it's the preferred way to send card details. Of course, you have no knowledge of where this fax is dangling from the machine at the other end. Email in contrast is easily intercepted and rests on numerous servers during its transmission - sometimes even backed up. So never send credit card numbers by email. Note however, that in "customer not present" (.i.e. no signature) card transactions you can easily charge back anything you don't agree with and the burden of proof falls on the vendor. Remember that if you're selling something too - it's made use of by fraudsters the world over.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

Thank you tuscan. I am learning a great deal about fax and internet. I saw your post about mosquitoes and put repellant on my list. What is the temperature range in your area the last two weeks of September? Does it rain much at that time of year?

Houston
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

thanks for the info -- I'll need it as we are going to go on the wine tour(s) too and we are considering staying at the apartments @ the Verrazzano -- has anyone stayed there? If so, let me know your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks, M

9. Re: Castello di Verrazzano reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 16:24