We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train, bus, or drive to Florence?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Train, bus, or drive to Florence?

My group of four will be staying outside of Figline and want to do a day trip into Florence. I hate driving in Florence and wonder if it would be practical to just park at the train station in Figline and take the train into town or maybe evan a bus?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train, bus, or drive to Florence?

Bump...What happened to all the expert locals?

Rome
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train, bus, or drive to Florence?

Hi, I think taking the train to Florence would be the most sensible thing. Florence central station (S. Maria Novella) is right downtown, and you can easily walk from there to all the sights.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train, bus, or drive to Florence?

Sorry been busy, going to Umbria tomorrow!!

Definitely take the train. Figline train station has a large car park where you can park for free. There are frequent trains to Florence and the journey takes about 20 mins and costs just a few euros. You will arrive at Santa Maria Novella, which as the last poster said, is very central, infact ony about a five minute walk to the Duomo. Believe me doing it this way will really take the stress out of day tripping to Florence.

Have a good trip!

4. Re: Train, bus, or drive to Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 03:18