We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We need suggestions......

pittsburgh
12 posts
Save Topic
We need suggestions......

We are interested in visiting the tuscan countryside somewhere between Florence and Cinque Terre. Can anyone recommend a town/city? Thanks!!

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
582 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We need suggestions......

Many people recommend Lucca and a friend of mine loved it. I have not been as we went south, but that would be the first place I would consider.

Good luck and happy travels!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We need suggestions......

Lucca, Viareggio, Pisa.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We need suggestions......

We just got back...we loved Sienna, San Gimignano and Lucca.

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We need suggestions......

I am going to Tuscany and am trying to decide which would be a better place to stay overnight, Siena or Sam Gimignano? Someone said that Sam Gimignano is beautiful at night and others said that Siena had more to do. Any suggestions?

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: We need suggestions......

I am going to Tuscany and am trying to decide which would be a better place to stay overnight, Siena or Sam Gimignano? Someone said that Sam Gimignano is beautiful at night and others said that Siena had more to do. Any suggestions?

italy
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: We need suggestions......

San Gimignano is in the country so beautiful romantic landscape,Siena is a town ,beautiful but a town.

Both of them have a lot of people,why don't you choose some hotel int he countryside near Castellina or Radda in Chianti?

London, UK
Level Contributor
520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We need suggestions......

Lucca definitely! Forget Pisa and Viareggio.....Portovenere near La SPezia is gorgeous as the Lerici is also pretty

New Jersey
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We need suggestions......

When you speak of Tuscan Countryside the recommended towns are Siena, San Gimignano, Radda in Chianti or even further south to Montepulciano and Montalcino. The only thing with your request is that none of these towns are between Florence and Cinque Terre. You will have to travel south to visit these towns. I have travelled from Florence to Portofino and the only towns we stopped before Portofino were Pisa just to take a picture of the leaning tower there is nothing else there and Portovenere great for lunch and the view. I heard nice things about Lucca too but never being. Hopefully you will have time to go south because is a most see.