We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental car rates

chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
rental car rates

The best rental car rates I've been able to find in Italy are approximately $50 per day (for an 8-day rental period). I've searched Hertz & Europcar. Is this typical, or does anyone know of better rates elsewhere?

Grazie!

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,730 reviews
from US$114.30*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,321 reviews
from US$124.40*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,092 reviews
from US$114.30*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
299 reviews
from US$101.60*
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,644 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental car rates

Have you looked at www.autoeurope.com. They are a wholesaler, but in many cases you will be using cars from Europcar,etc, but at better prices.

Make sure that you understand the insurance requirements so that there are no surprices at the end of rental.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental car rates

If you are getting an 8-day rental for around €35 per day, that is a very good rate. Grab it quick before they change their mind.

London
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rental car rates

sounds like a reasonable price to me. But if you are in doubt you can always try this site

http://www.carrentals.co.uk/

Its a comparison engine which will let you see different prices offered by about 40 carhire companies

4. Re: rental car rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 January 2009, 19:58
Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rental car rates

Hi chicagopsychprof,

but what kind of car you search?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rental car rates

You have the usual Avis, Hertz, Sixt etc..... But I have been unimpressed so here is a list of other italian car rental firms

My usual web site for booking cars is www.novacarhire.com

The below companies are all based around Tuscany and at Pisa Airport

www.libertyrent.it

www.maggiore.it

www.autoeuropa.it

www.locautorent.com

www.easycaritalia.it

www.targarent.it

Regards

Dr L

new york
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rental car rates

do you mind if I ask where you got the $50/day rate? I tried a few and was quoted twice as much.

chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: rental car rates

I actually found the best rate by booking through Hertz UK. For 8 days, we paid 194 GBP ($285 USD). So, we'll be paying about $35 per day instead of $50 per day...

new york
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rental car rates

wow, I have a lot to learn. I never even thought of going through a UK Hertz office.

10. Re: rental car rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 07:23