We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscan Villa rent

Office
3 posts
Save Topic
Tuscan Villa rent

I've been awarded the tricky task of helping organise a 2 week trip in August 2009 to Tuscany.

There are 10 of us: 4 adults and 6 kids (ages 6-9) so we'll need a pool.

Our budget is £2,250 for a fortnight. Any ideas, recommendations or suggestions are most welcome.

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

mmmmmmmmm...is not easy...If you want a private villa in Tuscany with a swimming pool the budget you have is not in half.Prices in Tuscany are higher than other regions. Try to check for villas around the Tuscany area, like Umbria or Lazio. I travel in Italy often, I know lots of people, I'll try to ask for you...I'll let you know if I have some nice news

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

Are you sure you did your arithmetic correctly? 225 euros per person for 14 days in peak season? Maybe it's me who's wrong, but I make that 16 euros a night per person . . .

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

Yes, but is for 15 days. And they are ten person, they need at least not less than 3 bedrooms, better if they will find a villa with four bedrooms.

Questions is: Where do you find in Tuscany a Villa with 3 bedrooms and swimming pool at 1125,00 x week?

Office
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

Thank you for your replies. Would I be correct in assuming we have grossly under-budgeted? Am I looking realistically at a fortnight's camping in wet Wales?

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

After checking around I think you can try to see for Borgo Dolciano. They have apartments and a swimming pool. A friend if mine said to me they are cheaper than others.

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

Hi

Unfortunately your budget is not enough for a villa with at least 3 beds and pool for 2 weeks in high season! I don't think you'll be able to find anything suitable in Tuscany, try Lazio or Umbria it should be cheaper.

Good luck,

Meggy

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

"Am I looking realistically at a fortnight's camping in wet Wales?"

'fraid so, Bernie.

Office
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

God how depressing.......

9. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2009, 17:06
United States
Level Contributor
9,599 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tuscan Villa rent

Gee, Bruster, is this the same villa that you have posted about in two other posts today in which you stayed in last week? The owners seem to be England based. Do you know them?

TAB