We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa - 28.08.2010

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Villa - 28.08.2010

Hi,

I have never been to Tuscany before, have booked flights for my family (my husband and girls who will be 14 and 16), we are looking for villa/accomodation, nothing flash, with own/shared pool, not too expensive, maybe inbetween Pisa, Florence, Siena - any ideas greatly appreciated.

Michelle

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

What do you call not to expensive? Will you have a car? Any other requirements?

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

We are going to hire a car for getting about. Maximum I would like to pay is £700-800, however if I could get something better value even better! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

Hmmmm that wont get you much at that price.. pity you couldn't have gone a week later.. it would have meant the difference between having an appartment and shared pool facilities compared with a villa and private pool.

Regards

Dr L

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

Actually as the summer holidays end earlier this year, there are a few properties that have bought the price down for that week. Here are a few that I have found that look quite nice, are in a good location and are in budget:

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/italy/IT1917.htm

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p83171

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/…54223

homelidays.co.uk/incisa-valdarno/apartment-f…

I have just quickly picked one from each of the websites where I tend to look for villas to rent. They have searches where you can search by date, price, number of bedrooms, pool etc. So you'll find others on the websites that might fit the bill better. Happy hunting!

Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
539 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

warrenj

I suggest you try the toscanasempre website for villa rentals. They have several in your price range and if you contact them (stefania) directly she can help you find the perfect accommodation for a very reasonable price.

I chose this one at random from the site (and you can check out many others):

www.toscanasempre.com/scheda_en.asp…

Stefania has helped us find lodging near Volterra (different places) and also on the Maremma coast four times and we have been very pleased each time.

Buon viaggio!

Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
539 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

Michelle

I suggest you try the Toscanasempre website for villa rentals. They have a number of nice offerings in your price range - even in August. Here is an example I picked from the site:

www.toscanasempre.com/scheda_en.asp…

You can check out many others there too. If you contact them directly (especially Stefania) she can locate the perfect place for you at a reasonable price. We have used their services four time for accommodations near Volterra and on the Maremma coast and were very pleased each time.

Buon viaggio!

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

Thanks so much thyat's reallt useful.

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

The Chianti area, where I understand you will want to be based, is a bit expensive but I am sure you can find accommodation within your budget at the end of August. For most places is the beginning of the mid season.

pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

Volterra is a wonderful small town between Pisa and Siena..i like it very much and i mean you will find there what you are looking for...

rgs

silvia

10. Re: Villa - 28.08.2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2010, 05:18