We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany or Provence

Mumbai
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Tuscany or Provence

My wife & I will be traveling to France and Italy during June and we are torn between going to Tuscany & Provence regions. Based on our reading feel both are beautiful unfortunately we only have 17 days between the two countries and will have to drop one of them. We plan to stay 4 nights in either of these places. We are in our late-20s. We love beautiful scenery, lovely towns and we are not really art buffs. We look forward to renting a car during our stay to visit the country side. I know this is a much debated topic but would love to know your choice and reasons. Which one of them is more expensive? We will also be going to Amalfi Coast, Rome, Venice & Paris.

Will really appreciate your views!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,248 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany or Provence

As you are on the Tuscany forum naturally, Tuscany would be recommended. What is expensive is what you can afford within your travel budget, where ever you are.

Tuscany has beautiful rolling hills, flourishing countryside, rural towns with historic character, and the home of Chianti wine. Florence the capitol is the birthplace of the Italian renaissance.

A car is a good way to experience the Tuscany countryside, though a car in Amalfi, Rome and Venice would be a hinderance, in time and the enjoyment of your holiday.

The Italian rail system is the most efficient and time saving way to travel, between destinations.

www,trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

There are also cheap flights to connect from Paris to either Venice or Rome

www,easyjet.com

Mumbai
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscany or Provence

Yes I agree there will be more recommendations on Tuscany on this forum. However, I do hope travellers who have both visited places give their honest views.

Thanks for the info ... will reseach the same.

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscany or Provence

Have you read this neat article?

timesonline.co.uk/tol/…article1052457.ece

Mumbai
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuscany or Provence

Boy, that was 'descriptive' in every sense of the word. Casina thanks so much for sharing that.

5. Re: Tuscany or Provence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 06:20