We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You've got 2 days in S. Tuscany - what would you do?

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
You've got 2 days in S. Tuscany - what would you do?

My intinerary has 2 days in Southern Tuscany (based in Sinalunga) with my 2 children (2 and 5). We will have already spent time in Emilia Romagna, and Rome will be next. I'm considering the hill towns (Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano).

Does anyone have any must-see, or must-do, Southern Tuscany ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You've got 2 days in S. Tuscany - what would you do?

You have made three good choices. Montalchino has a great fortress to explore. Feed the kids pizza in Montalchino.

Pienze has a great walk along the wall for the kids to run on and you to enjoy one of the best views in in Tuscany.

Montepluchiano has a wonderful resturant by the the S. Biaggo Church, A little expensive, but if you do lunch it will be an experience the kids will not forget. They do have out side dining.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,510 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You've got 2 days in S. Tuscany - what would you do?

above is correct, except for the spelling. Don't worry about it. Everything in Tuscany is a must see, must do. Just relax and be there. I can't understand how a two yr old and a five yr old will get anything out of it, so I suggest just relax and enjoy yourself. I bet the children will have fun whenever you do.

Maple Grove, MN
Level Contributor
297 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: You've got 2 days in S. Tuscany - what would you do?

Don't forget Pisa. It's more than just the tower. It's a wonderful city, you could even hit the coast with the kids to see the ocean though it might be busy depending on when you're going.

Personally, stop in any small town on the way to your destination to really enjoy Italy.

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: You've got 2 days in S. Tuscany - what would you do?

South of Tuscany means also Maremma area, a beautiful almost undiscovered area where you could enjoy nature, history and great food, have a look at thif farmhouse:

http://www.pantanello.it/

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: You've got 2 days in S. Tuscany - what would you do?

Thank you for your suggestions.

6. Re: You've got 2 days in S. Tuscany - what would you do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:17