We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 door fiat or 4 door Peugeot?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
2 door fiat or 4 door Peugeot?

Hello,

My husband and I will be renting a car in Venice and driving to a farmhouse southeast of Florence to stay for 5 days prior to dropping the car in Chiusi and taking the train to Rome. It's just the two of us, and we are only bringing 2 carryon suitcases and a day backpack. Should we get the two door fiat ($293 US dollars) or the 4 door Peugeot ($322 US dollars) from kemwell? Both have AC. Is the 2 door going to be too small? I'm 5'6" and small and my husband it 5'10" and a little stocky. Is it worth it to pay $30 more for the 4 door? Thoughts?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 door fiat or 4 door Peugeot?

If you are asking this question with the assumption that rental company will guarantee that you get either a Fiat or a Peugeot, then you are probably being misled. What they guarantee is that you will get something similar to those cars with the size and equipment you requested. I once was quoted a Volvo station wagon and ended up with a VW Jetta wagon. The Jetta was the size I needed at the price I requested.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,273 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 door fiat or 4 door Peugeot?

I would suggest renting the larger car, for little bit of money. Be comfortable and have room to hide some things if needed. You do need to be careful.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,169 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 door fiat or 4 door Peugeot?

Both the Fiat Panda and the Fiat Cinquecento are tiny cars, tinier than most Americans can possibly imagine. Go for the next level up. Plus it is amazing how handy rear doors are. Be aware that most travel insurance will not cover things stolen from a car when they are in view from outside, so the larger trunk is also handy. Some of the Cinquecentos, depending on model, are more like a hatchback and may not have a proper trunk.

http://tinyurl.com/2d5pcy6

4. Re: 2 door fiat or 4 door Peugeot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 06:16