We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

I have been to Rome, Florence and Castellina in Chianti and more recently to Sorrento and Amalfi coast. Looking to get married next June and though Sorrento is stunning with beautiful views, I found it a bit crowded and hectic. So still completely undecided where to do the deed. Anyone have any ideas? I suppose if we got married in Sorrento we could do it somewhere a bit removed from the crowds (don't fancy hotel with other people wandering around). We expect to be a group of around 30 people and ideally prefer somewhere where people would not have to drive (though I suppose we could lay on transport). My musts are views, atmosphere (bit of romance ;) and not too long a journey time for the sake of our guests plus of course good food....

Siena
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

Wow, I was attracted by your message because so vague in idea about place, however it seems like you know how you want it. Listen, I have a friend in Siena who does this for a profession. Why don't you have a chat to her about it - I'm sure it won't cost you anything! http://www.marrymeintuscany.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

Thanks for the tip!

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

Look at Villa Ariston at Lido di Camaiore (frescoed chapel - tiny but incredibly romantic - was a family chapel so may not be consecrated would be perfect for 30) good accommodations (it is a hotel) for your group - on ocean mountains sweeping up in the background - incredible sunsets- fly into Pisa and then a short train or bus ride.

Or my all-time fav. Villa Bongi in Montuolo outside of Lucca. Perfect for 30. Stay in Lucca (easy from Pisa). You'll see lots of praise in these fora for weddings at Villa Bongi. Marco Rebechi (sp.) is just remarkable. (Chef-owner and his wife Lee are magicians.)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

Check out www.cornacchi.com. We stayed here and it was lovely with amazing views of the Tuscan hills. I know they have had weddings there. The staff was great and so was the food!!! IF you are still considering the AMalfi Coast - we are partial to Positano...we got married there at the town hall. It is on the top of a hill with a outdoor terrace with stunning views......it was fabulous!

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

Really liking the look of Casa Cornacchi country house. Beautiful!! I have contacted them for idea of costs for a wedding reception and accommodation. I think it's an ideal set up for children (my 2 little girls and my 2 young nieces).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

We stayed at Casa Cornacchi with our 2 year old son last May and loved it! Giacomo and Barbara were wonderful. They run everything there. If you have time, do the cooking class with Mama Daria....it was so much fun! The staff was so accomodating to our every need even accompanying us to the hospital when my son fell and needed stitches. Of our three trips to Italy staying various places, this was our favorite place. They also provided a nice crib for my son. The accomodations were wonderful too! Mama Daria cooks the dinner every night and it was soooo good! My son always asks "when can we go back to Giacomo's house?" He loved it there too!

Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

The top of the Antica Tourabouni in Florence. Amazing views, private for parties...and no one has worry about traveling back to their hotel when the wedding is over.

http://www.tornabuoni1.com/site/index.php

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

Hi -

I don't know if this location will accommodate 30 people in addition to the happy couple, but it's stunning - Villa Vignamaggio, Greve in Chianti. The web site is www.vignamaggio.it and you can see some excellent views of it if you rent Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing which was filmed there. It's said to have been the home of La Gioconda - Mona Lisa.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

If you like to get married in Tuscany you can have a civil wedding in hte Red Hall of the Old Palace in Florence ( very ancient and somptuous ambience). Then you can rent in exlusive the topfloor terrace of a hotel in Florence long the river Arno, you'll enjoy an unforgettable experience in one of the most terryfic cities of Italy.

Otherwise if you prefer the Tuscany landscapes (rolling hills and viniyeards, I suggest you an estate in the heart of Chianti, where you can enjoy home-made wines and try cooking classes ( take a look of Pieve de Pitti) you can have civil wedding inside the estate, reception venue and comfortable rooms.

If you need some help or desire to know other beautiful venues in Tuscany I suggest to get in touch to www.glameventsintuscany.vom

2 nice and professional girls working as event planners in Tuscany.

good luck and congratulations for your wedding

Ilaria

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where in Italy to hold our civil Wedding - help needed!!

Thanks all for your suggestions. Leaning towards Lucca - easy journey for wedding guests... Will now plague the Lucca forum!