We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Vignamaggio: room in villa or apt in Cenobio /Casolese

New York City
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Villa Vignamaggio: room in villa or apt in Cenobio /Casolese

Hello, has anyone been or stayed here to know if reserving a dbl room in the villa is preferred to the standard apartments located in the Cenobio building ("reception area, 30 meters from the renaissance villa") or in the farm house Casolese ("breakfast room and dinner twice a week, close to the pool)."

The price is the same and I know that the apt comes with a bedroom, living room with kitchenette (presumably more space than a room within the main villa) but if we don't need a kitchenette is there something nicer about being part of the main villa instead of a separate building (or the other way around)? I am a little stumped and can't find any feedback online here.

If helpful when traveling to a standard resort I generally like to be part of a main building because of the services but I don't believe the main villa here has any different services so it might all be the same.

Thanks so much for any feedback, even if you've just been for a few hours and can tell staying in the main villa (or separate bldg) appears more pleasant.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Vignamaggio: room in villa or apt in Cenobio /Casolese

All things being otherwise equal, I recommend you stay in the villa. The other buildings are former farmhouses and farm sheds - low ceilings etc, while in the villa you're staying in a genuine Renaissance villa on the grand scale.

New York City
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Vignamaggio: room in villa or apt in Cenobio /Casolese

thank you! very interesting, I hadn't thought of it that way!

3. Re: Villa Vignamaggio: room in villa or apt in Cenobio /Casolese

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2012, 04:23