Would love your advise on this itinerary... we are basing in a few places because we want to see these places in the evenings - and not just during the day.
1. Train up from Rome pick up car in Orvieto in the am, drive to Civitia/Bagnoregio area to explore and then back to Orvieto for 1 nt. Also see the underground caves and enjoy the wonderful food of Orvieto that evening.
4. Drive to Cortona for lunch and explore, then back to base for dinner
5. Drive up to Monte Oliveta and back to base (open afternoon to revisit fav village or maybe winery visit)
6. Drive up to Chianti region for car exploring and winery visit at Verazzano - if we are up for it drive to S.Gimigiano in the late afternoon for a look around and then head to Siena for 3 nts.
7. Turn car in the morning and explore siena on foot.
8. If we are up for it take bus to Florence in AM- explore, have lunch and return to siena.
9. Train to Lucca for 1 nt
10. Fly home from Pisa.
Would love any thoughts on this itinerary, What you would do, what you would skip if any, We will be traveling in November.