We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

My husband and I are planning a trip next spring with another couple. I've been to Italy many times, including the Tuscan area but would like to spend a week to 10 days in one spot and enjoy day trips. We are looking for a villa rental to share and would like recommendations with regard to companies offering villa rentals.

I look forward to your kind responses.

Fran

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,697 reviews
from US$112.10*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,311 reviews
from US$122.00*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
296 reviews
from US$99.60*
Special Offer
Florence Super Saver: Best of...
1,502 reviews
from US$110.80*
US$117.00
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
450 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

My wife and I tend to use www,vrbo.com www.homeaway.com or in Tuscany, www.holidayhomestuscany.com. We are staying for two weeks in September this year and one week in 2012 at anticavetreria.net/ because of it's unique location of a large villa and apartments in a small village on the Tuscan/Umbrian border, which for us makes it perfect for day trips to both areas.

Lots of good villas to choose from as long as you book early, (which you are doing) and know where you want to be and whether you wish to be in a town/city or in the country. Both have advantages and disadvantages. We prefer small village life because of the convenience of not having to drive into a village/town for meals, a gelato, etc. Hope this helps.

Edited: 24 March 2011, 17:16
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,335 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

A few more options are in this:

tripadvisor.com/…30343600

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

francifree,

Tuscany is a big area, before you pick a villa or apartment you need to pick an area of Tuscany. My favorite is southern Tuscany, see slowtrav.com/italy/tuscany/hs_planning.htm

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

Thanks for your timely response. We're in the beginning of the planning stage. Having spent a tremendous amount of time arranging our trip this past Fall to Southern Africa, I want to have a plan which is simply to find the right villa and location for us. Your input is very well received.

Thanks again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

Hi Franci.

There is so much availability that Mike is correct that the sooner you book in advance the more choice you have.Be careful that you look at the facilities being offered by many Villas. It varies wildly and do check that its not a multiple occupancy villa i.e villas that split their facilities with other guests.

If I'm going to go and stay at a villa I personally do not want to be sharing with no body...there are alot of villas that charge for private and non shared facilities, when in reality they are shared.

Try this place www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p400233 just back from a recent skiing holiday close to Pisa airport(about an hour) which has Delta fly direct from JFK New York....After 9 hours I'd want to get to my villa with the least fuss and time possible. Lucca is my favorite with mountains ,lakes beaches culture,less crowds and more value for money... you cant go wrong really.

Regards

John

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

John. Thanks for your response. I will check out the website you have given me. Yes, Lucca is a fabulous town. My husband and I have been there and to others in the area. Our friends have never been to the area but it has been about 10 years since we have been there and I look forward to the trip.

Where did you go skiing? I've been to Courmayer and have skiied in Cerviina while staying in Zermatt. I've skied a lot in Europe in the past though I don't ski as much anymore since my husband stopped.

London
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

Hi Franci

Me and the family skied 30 minutes drive from that Villa at Abetone. Its one of those places that only the locals go too.. yet it is getting a bigger name. Its the biggest ski resort south of the Italian Alps.And is open normally until late April...making it possible to ski in the morning and dip your toes in the Tuscan Riviera sea in the afternoon.

Lucca has not really changed in 10 years and still provides a backdrop to a real Tuscany experience second to none...my personal opinion.

Best regards

John

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

I found good deals for these two villas in Tuscany: Tuscany Villa le Capanne woth pool: tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1879… and this "Tuscany Villa centopino": agriturismocentopino.it/en/tuscany-villa-cen… (special from 30 april to 7 may).

10. Re: Tuscan villa rental for 4 people - May, 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 14:19