We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
123 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

After looking at various options online, my husband and I are wondering if anyone has experience taking a Tuscany cooking class and could recommend to us? We are looking for one day cooking class with transportation to and from Florence (do not have a car).

Thank you!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

No experience, but Divina Cucina's cooking classes in Florence used to be very popular. She now gives them in Colle Val d'Elsa; you can take a bus there.

http://www.divinacucina.com/kitchen.html

sitabus.it/sita-toscana/Firenze-Siena2010.pdf

Pisa, Italy
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

Hi,in the middle of country side where Andrea Bocelli lives there is a really nice farm holidays and they do a cooking class and they have a personal car with a driver so on the way you going there he can should to you S.Gimignano and Volterra having the cooking class and more check the web site:www.agriturismobellavistatoscana.com ask for Elisa

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

Do you actually mean FROM and TO Florence, rather than TO and FROM?

If it's TO and FROM, from whence will you be coming? Have a great recommendation if you can clear this up.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
123 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

Ahh I meant from florence and back...

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

I suggest you Fattoria Le Corti in San Casciano val di Pesa …principecorsini.com/english/enoteca.php which is close to Florence and you can get there easily by bus.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

Ah, yes, from Florence and back....in which case: In mid-September, we were met at the SMN train station by Eugene Martinez of tgiFlorence. We enjoyed the short walk to Florence's Central Market (Mercato Centrale) where we had a foodies-in-paradise exposition on Tuscan food which included a tasting Eugene had arranged with one of the fascinating purveyors of food, oils, vinegars and wines native to the region. It's an experience that addresses all senses: it looks, smells, tastes incredible.

We then repaired to Eugene' auto for about a 25-min. drive to his and Chef Antionio Albani's home (in a portion of a deconsecrated church) in the Chianti hills for a truly memorable cooking lesson. Every course a masterpiece, accompanied by wonderfully appropriate wines, and the setting like something from a photo shoot. The dining table was set with handsome china and crystal in a room speaking volumes about history, hospitality and cuinary artistry. We learned, we cooked and then - Oh, My! - we ate. My boss owns a restaurant and a catering business and he is not easily blown away. This was one of those occasions. We'll never forget it.

Highly recommend it. More than a "cooking lesson". More a lesson in How To Embrace Tuscany (and her amazing inhabitants.) Be prepared to be transported if you choose to experience this - and to wax eloquent about it for a long time afterward. And bring a camera!

7. Re: One Day Cooking Class with transportation to/from Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 12:15