We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parker Villas in Tuscany

Fort...
Level Contributor
13 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Parker Villas in Tuscany

has anyone rented a villa from this site?.A friend recommended the site,and it looks impressive.Any advice is appreciated.We are thinking of September 2012...three couples.Thanks!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parker Villas in Tuscany

I have used them several times. All have been very good experiences. They are very helpful and can also help with car rentals, and other things. Each villa and villa owner is different however and perhaps I was very lucky but I think that Parker Villas has a standard that they uphold and try to deliver on. Read carefully the description of the villa, the pros and cons (Parker details this for each one), what is provided and what there is an extra charge for (for some villas it is A/C, heat, wood, etc).

Fort...
Level Contributor
13 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parker Villas in Tuscany

Thanks so much! I was surprised to see a "minus" where they listed that the family Granny lived ten yards away! :) Is there any area of Tuscany that you favor over another? is Florence the major airport? Thanks!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parker Villas in Tuscany

I almost always fly into Rome or Milan as it is more expensive and more layovers for me coming from CA to fly into the "less major" airports. But you certainly could fly into Florence. Rome would be the next closest airport being only about 1.5 hours from Tuscany (depending on where you stay). I have stayed in the Val d'Orcia area, near Montepulciano, and near Pienza. I have also stayed in the Val d'Elsa area and near Arezzo. I have liked all these areas. I think being in the Chianti area or Val d'Orcia has some of the prettiest views and landscape however.

Regarding "granny". Some people feel that they lack privacy when family members live on site or share the facilities (i.e. laundry area or pool). I suggest calling Parker and discussing the considered property in depth with them. They are very good at making suggestions based on your needs.

Fort...
Level Contributor
13 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parker Villas in Tuscany

Thanks again for your prompt post.I will pass this new information to the other two couples...really appreciate the info.We have rented an apartment in Paris several times, but have no experience in Italy, so I am happy to get some tips.happy New Year!

5. Re: Parker Villas in Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:18