We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chianti wine tour from Florence

Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Chianti wine tour from Florence

I AM seeking a tour I can do from Florence that goes to various wineries for tastings in the Chianti region but which also has a small focus on food (eg - olve oil) and where there is a nice traditional dinner at the end....

I have looked on Viator etc and they seem to go to only 1 winery and seems a tad touristy. I am travelling solo aswell....

Walkabout Florence Tours
Day Trips, Food Tours, Cooking Classes, Sightseeing Tours
Artviva: The Original & Best Tours Italy
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
FlorenceTown
Bike Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Cooking Classes
Fun in Tuscany
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chianti wine tour from Florence

We found the slow day in Tuscany was exactly what we wanted. There was as much focus on the food as the wine, which although we both love wine you can't spend the entire day wine tasting (at least I haven't since I was 21).

The restaurant meal was at lunch time- I don't know if there exist any tours with a meal at the end of the day, but it's a nice idea. We were a little unimpressed with viator; maybe they are a victim of their own success, because in becoming a big tour provider they seem to have lost the personal touch which we were looking for. I would recommend booking direct whichever tour you decide on.

Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chianti wine tour from Florence

we used Anna with Roberto Tours in October and had a wonderful time. www.toursbyroberto.com. she took us to 3 family owned high quality wineries all with fabulous olive oil and we stopped for a awesome lunch. Anna is very knowledgable about the wine industry and we learned the entire wine making process ( we were there at the last part of harvest). I loved her personality and felt I truly made a friend.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chianti wine tour from Florence

There's a good list of wine tour operators here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c102871/Tusca…

Many of them offer lunch, but at least some would probably organise dinner for you on a private tour.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chianti wine tour from Florence

You might also check tgiFlorence, especially since you are alone. Eugene Martinez could custom design a tour for you and perhaps you could entice him to finish up with a "cooking lesson" (great excuse for a most memorable meal) in his lovely, deconsecrated church home under the auspices of his partner, Chef Antonio Albani. You can participate as much or as little as you desire in the lesson part, but the EATING part - not to mention the wines selected to accompany the food - will amaze you.

5. Re: Chianti wine tour from Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2013, 10:26