We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B & B recommendations

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Hotel or B & B recommendations

My husband and I and another couple are planning a trip to Tuscany in May of 2013. We have traveled through that area but the other couple has not. We would like to spend about 8 or 9 nights in one property, rent a car and take day trips. We would like to keep the cost per night per couple to under $250 (under 200 Euros). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fran

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or B & B recommendations

francifree,

First you need to pick an area you want to visit, Tuscany is too big to be seen from one place. The Val d'Orcia is a great location, see slowtrav.com/italy/tuscany/hs_planning.htm

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or B & B recommendations

We have the same amount of time as you and we are splitting our time between Chianti (just north of Greve in Chianti) and Val d'Orcia (near Chainciano Terme). Thought this would give us two great bases to explore the different areas.

Enjoy!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or B & B recommendations

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194833-d153924…

We spent a week here last October and loved it. Very reasonable and great location. This is our favorite area in Tuscany. I would stay here again! You would love sitting outside and drinking espresso early in the morning with the birds chirping in the morning and cooking meals together in the evening.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or B & B recommendations

Thanks for detailed note. It looks lovely. I will check into it further.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or B & B recommendations

Thanks for your response. We originally thought we would "plant" ourselves in one place but may now rethink and split up our trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel or B & B recommendations

Thanks for your response. I will check out the website.

Great Northwest
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel or B & B recommendations

We will be going on our second trip to Tuscany in early September I found the place listed below just outside of San Gimi and close to Florence. We paid 240 Euros total for 2 nights and free parking. Has great reviews here on Tripadvisor. We are renting a car again while in Tuscany. I invested in an Italy chip for my Garmin for our last trip and I have to say..THE BEST INVESTMENT!! Have a great time!

Hotel Borgo Di Cortefreda

8. Re: Hotel or B & B recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:40