We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor Available

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
207 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor Available

I know we will be enjoying many great wines during our visit to Tuscany. But I was wondering if there were liquor stores that would sell Grey Goose near Chiusi or Sarteano?

Thank you!

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,697 reviews
from US$112.10*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,311 reviews
from US$122.00*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
296 reviews
from US$99.60*
Special Offer
Florence Super Saver: Best of...
1,502 reviews
from US$110.80*
US$117.00
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor Available

I would pick a bottle up in duty free on the way there. Yes you can find liquor but the farther you get from a big city the choice is much slimmer.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor Available

Grey Goose is sold in Italy, but perhaps not in smaller centers that do not cater to brand-name tastes. Chianciano Terme is a spa town with a number of four-star hotels; there may be a liquor store there that carries it.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor Available

Buy it duty free for the choice of spirits is generally pretty limited around here. There's nowhere in Sarteano, though you could check out supermarket PAM at Centro Etrusco, which is just down the road by the A1 exit. This is where I usually buy foreign spirits but even here it's sometimes difficult to find a good bottle of Scotch or Cognac as people tend to buy locally made products such as Grappa. A British expat once told me that there is a cash and carry liquor store down in the industrial area close to the Avis (Fiat garage) in Po Bandino - which is the other side of Chiusi as you go out towards Citta - where Brits buy their must-have gin and even Pimms (sad, huh?). And this is possibly somewhere you could find it. There is also an excellent wines & spirits shop in Chianciano on the main road (on the left if Chiusi is behind you) where I've bought imported spirits, though it's not cheap and the selection not that big. Otherwise, if you're going into Florence you might it there. Pegna has a good range of imported drinks.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 06:09
4. Re: Liquor Available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:17