We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IL Sole Verde ,Great stay in Tuscany

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
595 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
IL Sole Verde ,Great stay in Tuscany

Are you going to Tuscany, and planning on having a car?

Then you must stay in IL Sole Verde, in the Chianti region!

We stayed in there last April...the price was less than 400 euros for two families for 7 nights!!!

Can you imagine what we had expected to see there?

We had known it was an Agriturismo stay, so we were ready for anything.

It happened to be a real paradise. For just €400 we had two great bedrooms, one bathroom and a nice kitchen/dining room. Our cottage had a gorgeous patio which overlooked the vineyards, the beautiful pool and the olive garden. The unit was very clean, renovated and very stylish. It’s perfect for a family with 2-3 kids or for two couples. The second bedroom isn’t as good as the first one, but for this kind of money, it’s worth it. The downside was the shower was very small, but the bathroom itself is a good size; very clean and with plenty of hot water.

They have other units with two or three bigger bedrooms. You can see them on their website, http://www.ilsoleverde.it/. The owner, Gvido, speaks English well and is very nice and helpful.

All his recommendations about places to go were great. We celebrated our birthdays there and, in the morning, found gorgeous flowers on our patio table. We were presented a bottle of very good olive oil, (both we and our friends from Germany bought more to take with us) and nice red wine.

The location is great: only a picturesque, one hour drive from Siena, an hour and a half from Florence, and ten minutes from the heart of the Chianti Classico region. A town 10 minutes away, Montevarchi, has a variety of stores and a great Farmer’s Market.

I must stop myself, otherwise I’ll write a whole novel about this place! As you can see, I’m an active member of Tripadvisor and have traveled a lot, but it’s only the second time when I feel like I absolutely must share my experience. You are welcome to contact me with any questions.

Edited: 05 July 2012, 21:37
Mentioned in this post
Agriturismo Monte Argentario
Agriturismo Monte...
200 Reviews
Monte Argentario, Italy
Germany
Germany
Europe
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Montevarchi
Montevarchi
Province of Arezzo, Italy
1. Re: IL Sole Verde ,Great stay in Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:17