We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa i Barronci v Villa il Poggiale

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Villa i Barronci v Villa il Poggiale

Could anyone give an opinion of these two accommodations. Similar location and price, but would like a recommendation from someone who has experienced staying there. LS

Alton, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa i Barronci v Villa il Poggiale

Hi gblyn,

I am leaving for Italy May 13 and will be leading 3 groups there and one of my locations is Villa Il Poggiale. I have good reccommendations and they have been very helpful and easy to work with. If you have been there already I would love your feedback also.

I have a couple of other good locations for you. One is called La Foce, it was wonderful last summer. We rented from them for a week and had the best visit. Wow! What a beautiful place, southern Tuscany, great landscape, and history and beautiful gardens.

Another neat little town is Montisi to Carlo Alberti's La Romita, A1 at the Val di Chiana exit. Great property, lovely hosts and his wife a cordon blu chef. The community is full of artist and fun things to do so close. It is also only a few miles from all of the wonderful vineyards.

We are also staying in Greve in Chianti at Castello Veranzanno. It looks great and the people are just wonderful.

I am a college professor of art during the school year and lead small groups to Italy in the summers.

Hope this is helpful.

Kate

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa i Barronci v Villa il Poggiale

How lucky are you!! We will be in Italy in early June - so you will be experiencing these places before us. Thank you for your suggestions....it's decision time. LS