We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best route from Florence airport to Greve

Jkh
Washington DC
Level Contributor
373 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best route from Florence airport to Greve

I am picking up a car at the Florence airport and driving to Greve. What is the best possible route(s) to take. I want to avoid the dreaded ZTL's in Florence and can I assume that there is a "safe" way to travel around Florence without having to go into the citie's ZTL areas? If someone knows of a "safe" route, please help me.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,989 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best route from Florence airport to Greve

The ZTLs apply only in central Florence, and you do not have to go anywhere near them.

From the airport, I would take the A11 autostrada towards Lucca and Pisa, then change to the A1 autostrada towards Rome. Take the Firenze Sud exit, then follow SS222 to Greve. You will need euro coins or small notes to pay the autostrada toll, which I think is under €1.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,304 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best route from Florence airport to Greve

greve-in-chianti.com/getting-to-greve/gettin…

From the airport, go as directly as possible to the A1 autostrada then choose one of the routes shown on the Greve site. The route through Ferrone has less traffic and fewer hills, while the route through Grassina and Strada is much more scenic.

By heading for the autostrada you avoid going anywhere near the ZTL.

3. Re: best route from Florence airport to Greve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 16:16