We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wineries between Cerdalto and Siena

Tuscany
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wineries between Cerdalto and Siena

My wife and I will be on our Honeymoon in Italy and staying in Certaldo from April 25 to 28. We were hoping to drive a rental car from Certaldo to Siena on Frday the 26st and stop at a few wineries on the way back and forth. Can anyone recommend some wineries that we would explore in the general vicinity?

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,294 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wineries between Cerdalto and Siena

We visited Certaldo as part of a day driving around In Tuscany. The hill town is lovely, tiny and very few tourists, even in July. A winery I can suggest is Fattoria La Ripa (www.laripa.it). We were able to visit without a reservation and while we did not tour the facility, we did several tastings. The woman who greeted us was pleasant and welcoming. We tasted the olive oil as well and it was delicious, with a peppery bite. The location is pretty as well; the road off which it is located is a beautiful drive with many olive oil producers and wineries.

Tuscany
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wineries between Cerdalto and Siena

Thank you very much for your response. My wife and I were debating a wine tour or guide vs traveling on our own. We prefer the independence of driving ourselves to stop and go as we please. Do you have any thoughts on that vs a tour or private driver? Many people comment that driving after tastings could be a problem throughout tuscany. Again, many thanks

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,294 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wineries between Cerdalto and Siena

We drove on our own. We visited three wineries throughout the course of the day. My spouse drove and he tasted at one winery, but that was it. I tasted at all 3. We were offered small tastes of three to four wines at each place, but that of course could add up. We too had heard about the strict driving laws re: alcohol and also had our 9 y.o with us, so took no chances! It is such beautiful countryside!

4. Re: Wineries between Cerdalto and Siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 04:17