We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Florence

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Easter in Florence

My husband and I are traveling to Tuscany for our honeymoon. We will be arriving on Easter Sunday at about noon. We are staying at the Hotel Albani which I have read is a few blocks from the train station. I have a few questions and would really appreciate any advice:

1. What is the best way to get from the airport to our hotel? I have read that transportation is scarce and slow.

2. Aside from the big celebration in the morning (which sadly, it seems that we will miss), are there any other things to do on Easter Sunday (big celebrations, sites that we can visit, etc).

3. I have researched the famous sites that are typically open on Mondays but since Easter Monday is a holiday in Italy, do these things close?

Thanks so much!

3RD Service
Taxis & Shuttles, Wine Tours & Tastings
Aut. F.lli Mencattelli
Taxis & Shuttles
Tours of Tuscany
Shopping Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Taxis & Shuttles, Cultural Tours
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Florence

I can help with question 1. Buses will probably be running a reduced service, so you may as well get a taxi which will cost about 25 euros and take about 15-20 mins.

Question 3 will probably be answered by checking the official websites of the places you want to visit.

Perry, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Florence

We will be in Florence on Easter Monday as well. I just stumbled across this list of what is open or closed on Easter and Easter Monday. There will be plenty to see and do! The list is in Italian but easy enough to understand.

firenzeturismo.it/images/…Pasqua_2013_2.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter in Florence

Just LOVE seeing an individual from Perry, GA answering a query from an individual in Atlanta, GA concerning issues in Lovely Florence. Ciao, Y'all.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter in Florence

Funny! Thank you both for your responses

5. Re: Easter in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:16