We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agriturismos or stay in towns

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Agriturismos or stay in towns

Hi,

My husband and I are going to Italy in August. While I have our itinerary set and everything else is planned with hotels booked, I still have not decided where we will stay during the six days we have in Tuscany. I am looking at Agriturismos but find that most of them are quite a distance out of town. I am looking specifically in the San Gimignano area. I think this is a good central location for the places we want to visit. Does anyone know of an Agriturismo within walking distance of one of the towns? It does not need to be San Gimignano but somewhere in that vicinity would be great. I think a pool would be nice and middle of the road pricing (up to 100 Euro).

Any thoughts,

Thanks so much!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Agriturismos or stay in towns

Since an agriturismo is by definition a farm or an estate that produces some sort of an agricultural product, these will tend to be out in the more rural countryside areas, not near a town or village. I am assuming that if you are thinking of an agriturismo in Tuscany that you will have a rental car? You could easily find one with a pool and perhaps with a restaurant onsite for those evenings when maybe you are too tired to drive out again and find a restaurant. The area around San Gimignano while rural, is still fairly populated with many small villages and restaurants, so it would be easy to drive to one.

Use www.agriturismo.it and then you can set what parameters you are looking for: Region, area, town, amenities, etc...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agriturismos or stay in towns

Thanks so much for your answer. Have you stayed any places near San Gimignano that you would recommend? There are so many and it's hard to choose one. If not, have you any hotels in that area that you think are particularly nice? Are there any other hillside towns that you would recommend for us to stay near there?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Agriturismos or stay in towns

Unfortunately I can not recommend anything over in that area as I am further away in the Arezzo area. However, once you go to that website, and you narrow it down to Tuscany, then San Gimignano, and then I put in such parameters as a pool and on site restaurant and several lovely looking ones came up. You can see its rating by the number of "thumbs up" shown and read the reviews. For example, the Borgo Tollena Wine Resort looked very nice, but there are many to look through. See what suits your needs by putting in your parameters.

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
499 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agriturismos or stay in towns

We stayed at Hotel il Pescille quite a few years ago and loved it. It has since been remodeled and probably has gotten much pricier but you may want to check it out.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agriturismos or stay in towns

For that budget you could enquire to Podere Bellavista at Racciano - 3 km long walking path to San Gimignano -.

www.poderebellavista.net

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agriturismos or stay in towns

It is a beautiful place however it is not available. Thanks for the idea though!

durham, NC USA
Level Contributor
126 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agriturismos or stay in towns

We very much enjoyed:

The “Agriturismo Natura e Salute - Fattoria di Vagli (the “Nature and Health” Agritouristic Farm of Vagli)

www.naturaesalute.it

Friendly people, good home-cooked food, pool, but they are quite out in the country- you would certainly need a car.

Edited: 08 June 2013, 07:25
8. Re: Agriturismos or stay in towns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 05:17