We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please tell me about Panzano

Illinois
Level Contributor
204 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Please tell me about Panzano

Thinking of basing ourselves here for a 3-night stay in the region. I know this is a popular question, but maybe by telling a bit about ourselves.....

We are a couple in our late 40s/early 50s and we will have a car. I'd like to stay somewhere not as busy as Siena, but not totally removed from everything. I don't mind a little "touristy," as I am admittedly a tourist. We enjoy food, wine, shopping and people watching. I like formal museums and art in small doses.

I know many will say to pick out the towns I want to visit and then choose a central location, but my choices are too all over the place. I thought I would see which location is in the midst of places most others' recommend seeing, if that makes sense. Volterra, Castellina and Cortona also popped up on my radar.

Thank you so much :)

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,539 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please tell me about Panzano

"Please tell me about Panzano" (in Chianti - there are at least 2 others) is not in fact a popular question, I don't think I've ever seen it before.

But I don't understand quite what you want people to tell you that you can't already find on the internet, e.g. http://www.panzano-in-chianti.info/ and luxury-villas-in-tuscany.co.uk/tuscany-itine…

Although you don't say when you would be visiting, Panzano in Chianti is never going to be as busy as Siena, so it meets that criterion: it doesn't have a museum or art gallery, although there are occasional exhibitions at the "Limonaia di Panzano in Chianti", Via di Pescille n. 98 (until 7/7/13, for instance, art show called "Nature and Man") and the Basilica of Pieve di San Leolino is nearby. It has shops, restaurants and a Sunday market, and is also only a few minutes drive from Greve in Chianti which is excellent for food, wine, shopping (at least for food and wine) and (up to a point) people-watching.

Illinois
Level Contributor
204 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please tell me about Panzano

What I meant by "popular question" is that people are always asking where to base themselves in Tuscany as they explore the area. Also, since different things will appeal to different people, I thought that by describing our personalities, respondents could possibly help me narrow down the choices (of which Panzano is one). Finally, yes there are dozens of articles to read and descriptions on the internet, but at this point I chose a forum in order to factor in some personal opinions and experiences.

I will be there in early September.

Thank you.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please tell me about Panzano

Panzano, Greve and Caatellina are all more centrally located than either Volterra or Cortona (both, great towns to visit, especially Volterra), making them really good bases for Tuscan explorations. Panzano is more of a village, Greve and Castellina are a bit bigger. You'll find a small but interesting and well curated museum od sacred art in Greve and one in Castellina dedicated to locally excavated Etruscan artifacts.

4. Re: Please tell me about Panzano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:59
5. Re: Please tell me about Panzano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:16