We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best town to make a base for a 9 day trip in Tuscany

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The best town to make a base for a 9 day trip in Tuscany

Hi There,I am going to Tuscany in Sept,19/28 inclusive. Renting a car & rent an apartment,we would liek some opions on the best place to locate,not in a city though. We would prefer a small towm that we could walk to in the evening for dinner etc.

Any ideas?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best town to make a base for a 9 day trip in Tuscany

This article covers some of the factors you need to consider when choosing a base:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c128287/Tusca…

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best town to make a base for a 9 day trip in Tuscany

It depends on what you would like to visit particularly, anyway with Carmignano, Lucignano, Poppi or Stia can't go wrong. Excuse moi if i'm forgetting other very nice towns.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best town to make a base for a 9 day trip in Tuscany

Hi Peggypatch,

Thanks for the reply, I had just read that report & its very good. I was looking for traveller rec's I suppose really.

Kat :)

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best town to make a base for a 9 day trip in Tuscany

If we knew where you were planning to daytrip to that would help.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best town to make a base for a 9 day trip in Tuscany

Hi Peggy patch,

We are planning walking in Cinque Terre, a trip around Chianti, maybe to Folrence or Venice.

6. Re: The best town to make a base for a 9 day trip in Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:17