We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What counts as "winter" for museums?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What counts as "winter" for museums?

I've seen a number of museum sites that give different hours for winter. But none of them actually say what that means. Do they literally mean the season of winter, starting December 21st?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What counts as "winter" for museums?

Usually October to March, I think.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What counts as "winter" for museums?

Beginning of October or late October? *sigh* guess I may just have to write each place individually. I don't understand why they don't just define it on the page...

Thanks.

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What counts as "winter" for museums?

Shops, churches, etc change their timings from summer to winter when the clocks change on the last Saturday in October. I readily stand corrected but would imagine museums are the same. "Summer" will then start last Sunday of March when the clocks change back again.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What counts as "winter" for museums?

Oooh...that's tremendous helpful, both because it's something definite that vaguely makes sense, and also because it means we'll just sneak in under summer hours. :-) Here's hoping you're right and it does appliy to museums too. Thanks!

Edited: 26 July 2013, 16:39
5. Re: What counts as "winter" for museums?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:19