We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparing bike tour companies

South Glens Falls...
Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Comparing bike tour companies

I am looking at both Vermont Bike Tours and Backroads while deciding on an anniversary trip for my husband and I. I am most interested in the quality of the guides and the service they provide. Has anyone tried both companies or heard from people who have tried both? Any advice would be appreciated.

1. Re: Comparing bike tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 15:25
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,053 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparing bike tour companies

Backroads isn't a French company. They are based in Berkely, California.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
831 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparing bike tour companies

I took a Backroads private tour in Piedmonte, Italy this summer and it was fantastic. Beyond my expectations. The trip leaders were outstanding - friendly, fun, organized, professional, knowledgeable, patient. I have heard the Tuscany biking tour is hard because it's very hilly and has little shade and it gets super hot there in the summer, so that's something to consider. But I loved, loved, loved Backroads and would do another trip with them in a heartbeat.

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparing bike tour companies

I am an active cyclist but no pro but I am looking for a challenging tour 50-60 miles/day in either Switzerland or Italy. The various companies seem similar and it is hard to sort them out. Bikeswitzerland, Cyclismo Classico, Cycleitalia, Breakingaway all seem good but I have no first hand experience

5. Re: Comparing bike tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:20