We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Chianti & Sansepolcro, etc.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
772 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Chianti & Sansepolcro, etc.

We will definitely enjoy the luxury of driving our own car for nine days while staying in Tuscany. Of course, this apparent freedom of movement comes with a set of restrictions. I count parking as one of those unfortunate necessities. We have arranged for parking at the places where we will stay, and I know that I will have to pay for parking sometime. I'll find the locations of the lots and figure out the payment systems, but I would like to know if free parking might be available both in places like Radda, and Sansepolcro.

My wife will testify to the fact that I can get neurotic about costs when the meter is running, so free allows me to better relax even if the location means taking a bus or walking a few more blocks to get to the places we want to visit.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Chianti & Sansepolcro, etc.

In small towns and villages there is very often free parking outside the centre. You might find this article useful which explains the different parking requirements you are likely to encounter and also about the limited trafiic zones which you will certainly come across:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c140065/Tusca…

2. Re: Parking in Chianti & Sansepolcro, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17