We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino

I've been looking for festivals going on when we will be in Italy. I came across the Festival of the Rooster the first Sunday in October in Montalcino. It appears to be just the kind of thing we're looking for. Does anyone know the hours of the festival? We'll be taking a bus from Siena. Are tourists welcome, or is it more of an event for locals? If you've been, could you give me some details. Thank you in advance.

richmond va
Level Contributor
308 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino

i, too, would love some information.

Colle di Val...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino

oh well there it's in Camigliano a little castle 10 minutes away from Montalcino, i think you ned a car to get there. Anyway there is a website, but only in italian, i've used google translate, i hope it's ok!

translate.google.com/translate…

BTW the rooster is very good i've been there once :)

Saverio

www.vacavilla.com

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino

Thanks for your reply and website information. We won't have a car, so I guess it won't work out for us unless someone knows of another way to get there.

richmond va
Level Contributor
308 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino

We hope to drive down from Lucca. The web site has lots of information on past festivals. If anyone

has more or contact e-mails for this year, please post. Thanks!

5. Re: Festival of the Rooster in Montalcino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:20