We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

My 17yr old daughter and I are traveling to Italy in December. My daughter will do a intensive Italian language course and I will be accompanying her for the 2 weeks. Afterwards we will stay for a few weeks in the area around Milan. Where to do this is my question! Not too big so my daughter can get the Italian experience, not too small for me to have some activities while she is in class. We are thinking Tuscany.....

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

Florence would be perfect as there are some excellent schools with first class resources and masses for you to do whilst she's studying. What's her language level now - does she already speak some Italian? It's just two weeks Intensive if you're a complete beginner isn't going to get you that far (unless you already speak one romance language fairly well) and she will have to be very disciplined about not speaking any English. To benefit the most from her classes, somewhere small where no one speaks English would be best for her but not for you, especially in December.

United States
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

I highly recommend the Lucca Italian School in Lucca. The classes are small and your daughter will get plenty of attention. There are plenty things for you to do during the day. YOu could even take the train or bus into Florence if you feel like venturing out.

http://www.luccaitalianschool.com/

TAB

3. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 18:18
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,253 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

the Melissa....

The Original Poster visited Italy last December.

They are long gone.

And you can't promote your business here

Edited: 27 April 2014, 03:28
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

My daughter did an intensive 3 month course in Florence with www.applelanguages.com a few years ago. She thoroughly enjoyed it and I can guarantee you will find plenty to occupy you around Florence and the surrounding areas in Tuscany!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,253 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

The Original Poster visited Italy 6 months ago.

They are long gone.

San Baronto, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

You can learn italian language at LA CASA DEI POETI near Florence (Fucecchio) with personal teacher!!!

tripadvisor.it/VacationRentalReview-g1076562…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,253 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

Masamy.....read the thread. The Original Poster visited last December. They are long gone. It also doesn't make a lot of sense to post a link to a review written in Italian when the OP doesn't read Italian.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,767 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

Tourist Tuscany is pretty much a theme park. Most of the charming towns are entirely tourist driven and don't offer great options for practicing the language. You might do better in a place like florence -- there are several schools there, the schools themselves do extracurricular activities in Italian for students e.g. visits to churches or museums with the instructor speaking in Italian and it is easy to find local areas where the possibility of speaking Italian to shopkeepers and such.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,253 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to learn Italian best in Italy, big city, small towns?

Poster #9....the OP came and left Tuscany 11 months ago.....