We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Suggestions Please

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Suggestions Please

Hi There,

My partner and I will be in Italy next April.

We will have 5-6 nights and would like to visit Tuscany and the Cinque Terre,

We have been to Florence before so dont need top go there,

we will be flying into Pisa and Out of Milano.

We dont like the big cities and want to spend as much of our time in countryside as possible,

although florence is lovely we love the small towns and villages,

Can anyone give me a rough itinerary for 5 or 6 days in the area, considering where we fly in and out from?

san gimignano was one of our favourite places last time we visited Italy so we want similar places, Im happy to pickup a car from Pisa airport and drop off at Milan when we leave..so we can drive.

basically we like..food, wine, looking at the countryside, walks, and browsing the small villages,

we dont have to see big churches, or artwork this trip!

Thanks in advance,

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,599 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Suggestions Please

This is too big a question, you need to get some decent guide books and get an idea of what parts of the region you intend to visit. Clearly, Cinque Terre and the area north to Milan are all out of Tuscany, so you would be better posting questions about those parts on the appropriate forums. What I would say is that April is likely to be wet and could be fairly cold and in those conditions Cinque Terre is not a great choice. You say you don't want cities, museums, churches etc, but what will you do if it is wet? If that won't deter you from wandering the small villages then great, but for some people bad weather would really throw a spanner in the works.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Suggestions Please

Villages of Tuscany www.discovertuscany.com

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

Car rental www.autoeurope.com.au

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Non EU citizens require an International driving permit for Italy

Be aware of traffic restrictions and ZTL areas roninrome.com/transportation/driving-italy

Edited: 20 September 2013, 02:11
3. Re: Trip Suggestions Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:24