My partner and I intend to elope in Tuscany next year, it will be just the two of us. I think it can be overwhelming with there being so many wonderful places to get married in the region. I have seen couples getting married in a Florence and it just isn't our style, we'd prefer something a little more rustic. We are having problems with locations, which is where I really value your help.
What parts of Tuscany would you advise for:
- place to stay with idyllic views (open to bed and breakfast and villas as long as it has a real boutique feel). We will be here for the honeymoon, so want it to feel special but that doesn't have to mean crazy expensive.We previously saw La Bandita in Pienza, but think it maybe too isolated.
- we are opting for a civil wedding in a pretty town hall, so this needs to be within close vicinity
- pretty landscape for photos, the typical rolling hills and vines
- as much as we love the natural element, as it is just the two of us we like the idea of going somewhere a bit lively afterwards and having a special dinner
- worth noting we don't drive, but are happy to hire a driver
We intend to get a wedding planner, but can obviously save some money if we can at least decide on location and find a venue.
If any places jump out to you, please share. I need the advice of a local!