We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmhouse or in the city

SLC, UT
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Farmhouse or in the city

My nine year old daughter and I are traveling to Italy in October. We are staying in Venice for two nights and have four to spend in Tuscany. I like the idea of staying in a farmhouse, but wonder if it's too isolated. Is there a town you'd recommend where we can walk a short distance to restaurants or shopping? We've considered in town in Siena, but I'm not going to find a farmhouse in the city.

I'd like to rent a car, but I've read parking in Siena is not ideal. I'm also a little hesitant b/c I have not driven in Italy before. Are there buses that travel in between the hill towns?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmhouse or in the city

Borghetto san Filippo In Barberino Val d'Elsa and Poggio al Sole in Fiesole are very close to the towns and are reachable by enough courses of bus.

SLC, UT
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmhouse or in the city

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I love the idea of a farmhouse in Fiesole. I've read some great reviews for the accommodations and the small city.

Do you know if you're able to rent a bike and ride to Florence?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmhouse or in the city

No, i don't. Don't think should be very difficult to rent a bike. More difficult could be for the riders to get back as the street becomes quite steep for a while. Last year Giro d'Italia featured a stage finishing in Fiesole and the first 6 all arrived solo.

4. Re: Farmhouse or in the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:20