We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

Im enthralled with siena just reading the guide books and lovely photos in books in libraries, im thinking I will stay there 2 nights or so for an easy paced look around before going on to florence etc. There is a garden there highly recommended in my rose garden books at villa centinale out of siena....anyone know how I can get there?...website says by appointment only, so I guess I will call when I arrive in siena.

also are there day trips to san giggiamo from siena or should I just get a bus out for a day and stroll around?

I will be coming from naples via rome, direction so will just get a train from rome to siena and stay a couple of nights, or maybe 3 ....♡

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

just a little note--because you want to take day-trips from Siena, do stay in Siena 3 days/4 nights (you will need 2 full days just for this magical city alone). You want to wake up in Siena and go to all the places you couldn't the first day or return to your favorite.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

Trains Naples to Rome www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times

Buses Rome to Siena www.sena.it

Buses from Siena www.trainspa.it/train04/extraurbano.pdf

www.discovertuscany.com

Accommodation www.venere.com

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

BTW, you enjoy viewing gardens, the Villa de Este gardens at Tivoli are impressive and formal; though they have an historic background www.villadestetivoli.info

Trains from Rome www.trenitalia.com

Edited: 22 March 2014, 05:18
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

My apologies for my incorrect spelling....cant edit question titles..oops....thanks for replies, have been reading the thomas cook mini guide book florence and tuscany. It says there is no regular bus service to san gimignano, so maybe I wont be able to get there. But I will go to siena for at least 2 days. This guide book has some useful do your own walking tours in these towns and also lucca. The walk 5 kms around the country at san gig is fantastic for taking those town pics with all the towers, and really scenic in autumn when the vines are changing a golden coulour. However im going in spring. There is a day tour from florence to siena and san gimignano, but I need time to wander and photograph, so its a toss up which to do.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,402 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

Take a train to Poggibonsi and a local bus from there to San Gimignano.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

Magpie,

This may help sitabus.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Siena_…

7. Re: sienna +san giggiamo sightseeing by public transport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:16