We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Cortona or nearby

NJ
3 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in Cortona or nearby

We are a family of four staying in the town of Singulunga for 4 days in early July.

We are very interested in going to some special restaurants and are not very familiar with the area. I believe we are only a 15 minute drive from Cortona, and 30 minutes from Sienna and Montalcino. If anyone has a special restaurant to recommend please let us know.

I know they will all be good, but given only 4 days in the area we are trtrying to hit the best

Ciao

Dan

Arezzo, Italy
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Cortona or nearby

Ciao Dan!

In Cortona you can try the OSTERIA DEL TEATRO (closed on wednesday) and RISTORANTE TONINO (with its terrace overlooking Chiana Valley..... breathtaking), both just in the center of the town; in Montepulciano you cannot miss the restaurant of the ANTICO CAFFE' POLIZIANO, closed on wednesday; finally, if you have a car, please, try to book at DA ALIGHIERO in Anghiari (about 30 min east of Cortona - closed on wednesday)! It's wonderful, and the Medieval village is really nice!

Ciao! Paolo

NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Cortona or nearby

Ciao Paolo,

Thanks so much for the restaurant tips. They are very much appreciated !!!!!

Dan

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Cortona or nearby

Dan,

If you make it to Cortona, Go to Trattoria Toscana. The food is not tourist food it authentic and the family that ownes the restaurant grow most all the produce. The owner is the chef and his son is a waiter there. Frances Mayes (Under the Tuscan Sun) reccomends this place and I go there often when I'm in Cortona. The food and service are excellent. Also, they can speak English if you don't speak Italian.

Best Wishes,

Joseph

4. Re: Restaurants in Cortona or nearby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 04:20